7/15/2008


Portraits. Taking them of someone you know is like asking yourself who you are. If you know who you are you can then interpret your relationship with someone. If you're lucky, which a lot of photography is about, is getting the image of that someone according to your relationship. That is the beauty and simplicity of a good portrait. To understand yourself is to take a relationship and visualize it. No one says it will be good first time around. It depends on the honesty one has with themselves. I love seeing how I feel. I learn from looking at myself.

Two portraits tonight are I think real. They are of feelings and interpretations of where they are today. Intellectuals. Lost in thought. No one who thinks about life is truly smiling. None of those pictures would be real. These two portraits represent among the most intelligent people I know who know life because they are not afraid to live it in a true to themselves way.

No comments: