9/23/2007

I finished Kapuscinski's book Friday. I have another one by him titled "Shadow of the Sun" which I will start after re-reading some of Susan Sontag's literary criticisms and few other scattered pieces on Photography. I find that when I don't shoot as much as I would like the readings helps motivate me in the few moments I have.
I received my contact sheets back from Mary Ellen Mark also on Friday along with a positive and encouraging letter. I really enjoy critiques of other photographers who's work I really admire. And to receive words of encouragement such as that i have an excellent eye was a great compliment. What is great about her letter is that the critique is very much constructive. Her arguments for the reasons follow a very organized tone in which there is not much room to say something just to satisfy and sound nice.
I have 3 rolls of film waiting to be developed. One is an experimental Tri-X pushed to ISO 6400 and the other two are both at ISO 400. One roll I shot on my commute on monday while the second I don't exactly remember. It can't be more then 2 weeks old because I would not have it rolling around my bag for longer then that.

Another post with a photograph today when the 2 rolls at ISO 400 dry. The roll pushed to the max is drying... the ISO 6400 experiment is dead. Did not work for street shooting. Back to slow shutter speeds and narrow depth of field at ISO 1600. In other words, stricter discipline.

No comments: