9/11/2007

Road trip to Canada was simply great. But no photographs from it. With only 3 days there there was too little time. I drove some 700+ Kilometers in the Canadian countryside though. Very Peaceful and picturesque. But because the distances between the towns were packed against the busy schedule I didn't even get a chance to take out the camera from the bag.

After scanning the 35mm negatives in the last weeks and making contact prints this past sunday I am left in limbo whether I should shoot color for now. Maybe its the 35mm negatives that I am not used to looking at. But I also will be trying some Tri-x at ISO 6400 in the next few weeks where the grain is intriguing me more then colors.

Printing color is what turned me a way a little. There is so much interpretation of color balance that is that factor alone that can alter the mood. Black and white is more to the point I think. The colors don't distract and the tones only emphasize. So that is the dilemma for now.

Tonight a color photograph from the 35mm negatives. A County Fair from back stage view.

No comments: