7/05/2006


I need models. I wish I had a larger pool of people who are more readily willing to shoot and not concern about when and how many images they can expect. When looking for models I try to find ones which really enjoy being photographed without being superficial. The night photographs are hardly about exact rendition of the girl. I shoot for the mood. In the photograph included the shadow on the shoulder and breast make the photograph. But if the model was looking for her face [signature] in this photograph then she would be very disappointed. Someone might re-shoot this or even set this shot up in the studio but it would be nothing more then a pursuit of a replication a very natural scene of a natural night.
The model in the image is Katie Zack. She is new to modeling but a fun person to work with. Because the figure does not reveal herself and I really like this image, I did a shoot with her recently for some headshots and more mainstream portraits just so she has something she can use for her modeling purposes. I trade. i get something i want and I return the favor. its so much better then the choke of legalities and arrangements. Working with models over time is great. You get to know them. You become friends with some. Its very productive.
But I guess what I am always looking for is not a 'model' in the traditional sense, but a subject. Obviously a woman. Best if naked. Nude images to me are very intriguing and classic in a sense. Even the erotic ones and even some that are raunchy. They provoke some sentiment of shock. But then unless we are ultra conservative we can appreciate the fact of art in it, even if it is beyond our scope of tasteful. I suppose most girls have the fear of who will see them. But then if the image is done right she would be proud to show it of. The trust to work with someone, while being naked around them, just takes time.

The second photograph is Katie Zack by day.

No comments: