1/04/2007



Books! I got an email the yesterday from someone dear to me and in a quick look at Borges's work she was able to depict exactly what I love about his wiring. I was very impressed how from a quick look at it she was able to see all that. Perhaps a description on him on a book jacket gave some of those clues but nonetheless how she wrote it described what draws me to the work.

Books other then some specific cameras and their accessories are among the things I collect. Photo books are part of it but history and selected fictions are part of it. Also classics that I find in hardcover and reasonably prices get added. I always have an attachment to books. In college I could never write in a book and found myself writing things down then underline words or paragraphs. Maybe I should have but there is something special about printed text that I want to read at a later time and not bring in the one way interpretation back to my more experienced outlook.

Tonight's photograph is another personal photograph but this time of my father. He was lost in thought on his commute to work one morning back in October. I like this photograph for reasons I don't wish to go much further here. It is a personal photograph.

No comments: