1/23/2007


Hoga! Cheap plastic medium format camera which is known to leak light and focus where it wants to. Completely unobtrusive and unpredictable camera. It looks like a plastic toy. But for one reason or another it serves as a true tool for creativity No seriousness not heavy tweaking with the camera before a picture is taken. It has two or 3 settings and that is pretty much it.
I got mine sometime late last year. I have only shot one roll though to see where my light leaks will come in. Every Holga is unique. But the leaks can me minimized with a little patience so somewhat consistent results are possible. The 3 images included tonight are random from one roll of walking down a random street in Manhattan. After I will duck tape my Holga from the stranded light I hope to post more with greater consistency for final photographs.

No comments: