1/25/2007

I have been neglecting the blog too frequently lately but day job has been the biggest factor in that. Bad planning is to blame I suppose but that of management. The company grows but concerned more on profits they neglect the basic principle that what enabled that growth was the stability from the operations side. Well, it does not matter much now because by March the work load should ease somewhat.

In a week I am flying out to Poland. I’d like to focus this time around on documenting what I know I can approach with connection. My trips to Poland are very personal in the fact that if my life would have been different I would live there in a very different climate. I go back to my neighborhood on each trip there to walk the same paths I did as a boy in grammar school. Not so much is different now except maybe only the fact that I can walk the distance relatively quicker now since I have longer legs. But I remember the details. I remember the summers where wild rose bush grew near the bus depot and a piece of the sidewalk where some asphalt would give under the feet to a soft step. I remember taking those busses or walking few kilometers with my mom and sister to my Uncle’s house stopping at different stores along the way. I remember this time because I have a very vivid memory for strange moments. In some strange way I look to live them again with some success. The difference today is that I continue to learn and understand how the past can be the future with the right set of eyes and thoughts. Being a boy I had nothing by dreams with little care or understanding. Now I have a set of decisions that can alter my life completely and need to make sure ones I make will somewhat give me some stability. All has changed but that’s because life is about seeing and learning.

No photograph tonight. I do not have anything that would fit here and satisfy my thoughts tonight. I will only try to take as much photographs as possible while on the trip and that of course will depend on the situations I will be in.

Tomorrow with a post less reflective I will post something recent.

No comments: