3/11/2007


After attending a lecture mid week I realize how conservative my photography and my thinking of photography has been. I can’t seem to get into abstract use of the medium just to break away from the norm. There is some from of order that a photograph requires in order for the viewer to take notice of it. I’m referring to multi exposed and visually complex images that go beyond showing much of what we could see in the real world.

Tonight I am including photograph I shot earlier today on a 4x5 sheet using all the tilts and swings of the camera that I could. I find this to be the true advantage and pallet of Large format photography. The image is of a piece of metal fence left behind on the sand around a Baseball diamond. Around the fence are fresh deer tracks. This is my abstract photograph in the afterthoughts of breaking some boundaries.

No comments: