3/04/2007

I'm behind few things but did not want to let tonight go without a post. I started a roll of 35mm last week and finished it yesterday. All of was pretty much shot in NYC.
I forgot how much work there is with 35mm. The small reels to load the film, the lengths of the film, and the tiny spaces between the frames for cutting are a big change coming from 120 and 4x5 film. But the challenge is cool although I don’t know how long it will last.

The photograph is from walking though Times Square while standing by the crosswalk. A NYC cab pulled right next to me with newlywed couple sitting in it. Amidst all the chaos (there was some anti-war demonstration a block away) here was a couple who's limo probably never showed. But what was striking is how calm it looked inside the car. This is where 35mm shines. It’s quick. No polarizer filter to get thought the glare but the flowers inside came out somewhat in focus.

No comments: