3/18/2007


I’ve been lost in thoughts for the last two weeks on various subjects. But I think it might be the weather for one thing being 70F one day and 28F 2 days later for highs of the day.

Street photography has always been a favorite of mine. Ever since I was a child I traveled a lot which built my imagination and understanding of places as needing to understand for the atmosphere of it. Whenever I look at street photography of a place in time I try to remember how they fit into the topics of history or someone’s biography I might have stumbled upon. The photograph, in most cases black and white, closes the gap of imagined and real to some degree. Of course I am talking about many photographs of many photographers who contributed in the documentation of that atmosphere.

My photographs tend to be a reflection of where I was. A document to myself of a place. It is not necessarily an interpretation or an explanation of the location I have traveled to but a given instant from where I was. Since I shoot film the frames are scarce. Whether it was the best picture of the moment is not true either. I don’t believe there is such photograph in street photography. There are photographs that include a decisive moments but sometimes the everyday scene can put a memory or a thought in perspective and at the same time serve as a universal moment that’s not uncommon to our everyday life when we look around.

This is Krakow. The little car has some pull I assume. The billboard that’s attached to the car is advertising real estate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn, you're good. Every time I look at your photography it gets better.

-Don