12/15/2006


The last post's photograph came out much darker then my screen. In time to come I will re-post it perhaps but the image I will print for my book is slighly lighter thus giving it a bit more life of mystery.


Shadows are very intriguing to me. The contrast of light and subdued is a constant visual representation of everything I try to understand. I tend to think in extremes sometimes and lately my moods have been exhausted by this practice. I will relax sometime soon but for now it’s the choices of thoughts that need to be sorted. Don’s blog had recently mentioned Bohemia. As much as I ‘think’ I need ordered environments I always find my own space in a slight sort of disarray. I respect neatness but I am unable to sustain if for a longer period of time.

Just developed the 2nd black and white tri-x roll. The images are all extremes of shadow and highlights. The film is drying so far but I love the tonality of the negatives. These most likely will be of little use to the model unless she likes the shadows and the mood of the images. Patience is a virtue. The film is now drying and I must remain patient.

This photograph is of … well a place … while I wait… in Philadelphia last Saturday.

More on bohemia soon. I have yet to define it here. Art is beautiful when its human. Photography is best to represent that. I praise Don’s work for the content diversity while always remaining human.


No comments: