11/28/2006

Don's blog has a great write up on digital language. Superb along with the comments left by other readers. I didn't have much to add on the topic but really enjoy reading that sort of writing. Now back to analog world. Christmas is coming and the radio stations in the NYC metro area make me aware. Otherwise I probably wouldn't noticed. (Even now I am listening Polish radio station from Warsaw via Internet and no Christmas music.) Its way too warm for end of November. Last year this time I was in Poland and as far as the Byelorussian border with my cousin. That was a great trip. The picture on my website in the about me page is from the border post. A river lies between the other on the Byelorussian side. It just started to snow too. I think back a lot to that trip because I didn't have my film camera. But at least now I know I'll be traveling everywhere with it. The great thing about traveling with a film camera is that you're more cautious of what you shoot. Oh, there still will be plenty of Crap! But it slows you down. And if you can master slowing down to photograph along with enjoying your surroundings, it just builds better memories. For a long time I avoided taking my camera a long because I want to enjoy the place itself. Now, as I'm getting older, I'm finding a common ground between both.

Probably not the best timed photograph from few weeks ago. A big advertisement shows a Leaf and states 'Fall is bigger here'. 'Here' is the Poconos which are about an hour and a half from NYC in the Delaware Water Gap region. Fall is beautiful there. But now, today, it is the end of November so Winter is here, sort of. At lest the golden sun gives the poster its justice.

No comments: