11/03/2006

I want to shoot for Magnum! or in other words, I like the work there. Its all about meaning and heart filled sentimental stories. It sort of gives the photographer a sense of purpose with life's precious moments. Yes, I want to be part of Magnum.

Tommrow I am going to the Photo Expo in NYC. Will aslo pick up some random shots I did in a week. On the way last night I photographed in totally public places. I am eating the fear of being confronted by someone. It takes a balance. But never think a shot was missed... that will bring you down and the next 10 seconds which build a much better image is overlooked.

Something that Jonas said yeasterday... so important.. i only undertood today. It was not the case he said it was important. It was the comment that his project was about being there and photographing on slide film... he said he did not know what he was getting... which in my opinion is exacly what you need... you do not know what you got on film... you keep shooting as if the other photograph might not come to be.., so you shoot even harder for the next... and later you see your effort... What Jonas was refering to is Digital confirmation... the mere fact you just see your image and know you got a good shot... what's the motivation to work harder for the next moment... I think this is where digital has its drawback in the creative process realm.

No comments: