11/07/2006


Last night I sat and reviewd some 30 new frames I collected in the last 2 weeks. The quality of the scans is simply poor. They were done at the lab when the film was processed and all are at 72dpi with just uterly poor detail in the overall shot. I much prefer scanning the image at a high resolution and then resizing it down for web use. Even though little can be noticed in a small shot anyway there is tiny bit more detail it desreves. And a piece of mind.

I have been photographing a lot more lately and that makes me feel a lot better. One thing I find on the east coast is that around this time I get depressed, perhaps its a seasonal thing, becuase every few days each november I get like this. It gets cold, trees loose their color and leaves only to make the day go back quicker in darkness. But that's not always a bad thing. I like night pgotography a lot.

I have been reading more latley on the process and creative appraches to photography. I'll do a post on that as soon as I colect more thoughts on that.

The photographs in the next few days will be more of urban landscape. This way I can maintian a full scope on 'On Photography' that involves the projects I am working on. This photograph is of a old warehouse I see everyday. This is taken from a moving PATH train that runs between World Trade Center, NYC and Newark Penn Station. I like this image for the abandoned white werhouse somehow conected with the empty white billboard that is lit up at night. A representation of a state of being in some respect.

1 comment:

Casa Juillet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.