11/21/2006

I missed the post last night because as soon as I got home I was tired. Don’t know why but I managed to get my suit ready for today and went to bed early. We all have those days. I spent this evening in NYC but not with the camera unfortunately. I was wearing a suit and a long trench coat so the small Lowepro bag would not look appropriate attending the matters I had planned this evening. On a regular day I don’t particularly care about any rules to bring the camera along. In the last few weeks it is the Mamyia 7. I much would prefer the Mamyia 6 along with the square format but I got this one at a great deal some time ago and absolutely love it. There is one more lens I am looking to get in the near future but for overall work the 80mm is superb.
There are 4 more photographs I'd like to show from the Amish roll. I'll save the two best ones for the next post. The black and white tones in them make them my favorites. But the photographs tonight are very reflective of their lives as well. The shoes and lawnmower photograph suggest laborious nature of the Amish. The window with the pots is from a basement of a typical Amish house where in the summer all the cooking is done. It becomes a family room in a sense. But this is November and the house a mere museum of a sort. Still the atmosphere somehow had a strong presence of solitude.

No comments: