11/01/2006

I haven’t been good with the discipline to sit and write this blog. I know when I am not writing here all the great topics come to mind of what there is to write about. But the truth is there are the little hiccups that discourage me sometime until they are overcome and the fact wins that I find wiring here helpful.


The basic problem is that I lack confidence some of this make sense. The other side is that I don’t care because if I was that wise then I most likely would be to much of an asshole and way to sarcastic in sharing my vision. I am not. Moody… yes.. but I am working on this. I first saw how I change when I looked at my photographs few years ago. I took rolls of film and from all the pictures found few decent ones. But I was in constant pursuit to be good, great and admired for it. And once some level (but not the great part thank god) occurred I started to ask myself for whom am I shooting? Is it for attention or is it for my vision. I started to ask myself who am I and what am I trying to show. Now at 28 I have no answers as when I was 25 but I like the thinking about it in reference to looking back. All the dramas and great times of last few years of my adult lives are amazing moments which occur at instances. I can sit here and write all about my thoughts of the world but given one moment on a flight to Europe my whole perspective changes and I become not gloomy but exited what will be there. I begin to observe and quit to criticize at least for a while. And the older I get I start to break the awe and click the shutter. Then a year or two I remember that time. Odd but these things I love about photography.

No comments: