11/09/2006


Its sort of funny... anytime I photograph NYC I wait for the yellow cab. It makes most of the picture to me. Not all of the photographs have them but whenever I have ‘em it brings home NYC for me. Not the vans though, just the Ford Crown Victorias. I even drove one back when I worked for a mayor’s office in NJ. The best were the ones with the Police package. Stiff suspension and quicker turning.. I guess to do a U-turn from the oncoming traffic. That experience tells me how much those cars can do and to be honest that is not much. If you take any of the Japanese performance cars which are very affordable, and use caution and skill driving it, no Police cruiser will be able to catch up. This is not an opinion but a fact... myth of a corvette engine or not, the weight of those cars and the mere size of them will not be able to let them take a 90 degree turn with the speed and precision small Japanese turbo charged cars can. In fact I don't currently see anything on the market that rival Japanese performance cars. Peugeot 206 is built for it... and the boys back in Europe live to make them into Rally cars. And that reminds me, Rally is a true sport of skill... I do not find NASCAR anywhere close to WRC. And its so much more practical too.. extreme... but practical.

2 comments:

Dr Molly Black: The Philosophical Epicurian said...

A-HA! I've found you all now. I've got some of you on Livejournal and the rest of you are here.

Mwahahahahaha! Or something.

Anyway, hi. Molly here. From MM. I'm mollyblack on LJ. And diehackdie on here (though I almost never post here).

-- Molly

Marek Mezyk said...

Thanks Molly!

-Marek